Two days of music by major international acts, celebrity chef demonstrations and a gourmet food and wine market make the annual DSTV Delicious Festival one of the biggest in South Africa. Previous international headliners have included major names.
The much-anticipated DStv Delicious Festival will be back for 2023. In its 10th anniversary year, the DStv Delicious Festival is set to make a comeback on Saturday and Sunday (23rd and 24th September 2023). The organisers announced new logistical changes, including a new ticketing partner, a pre-paid cashless system this year, reduced capacity, increased seating, and other improvements.
The Dstv Delicious International Food & Music Festival, which has become an iconic event, renowned for its fusion of world-class cuisine and electrifying performances by both local and international artists, celebrates an important milestone this year, as it marks ten years of incredible food, captivating performances, and unforgettable music.
Here are the detailed changes that have been announced:
- New ticketing partner.
- No pre-paid cashless system this year.
- The event is still cashless and all bank cards are accepted.
- Complimentary water available at new hydration stations. Water will also be available at the bars for purchase.
- Additional security ensuring your safety throughout the day Increased bar frontage and food purchase points allowing for quicker access & fewer queues.
- An overall reduced capacity at this year’s festival.
- A dedicated and separate Uber drop-off zone so no congestion in or out of the venue.
- Extended Astroturf in the Main Arena.
- Increased shaded and seating areas across the public areas.
2/2 This Delicious decade is bringing a new ticketing partner Ticketmaster, a cashless event, so all bank cards accepted, complimentary water at new hydration stations, additional security, increased bar frontage & food purchase points. We hope to see you there. pic.twitter.com/PDqbEUdzQl
— #DStvDeliciousFestival (@DeliciousFestSA) June 20, 2023
Marc Jury, CEO of Multichoice South Africa, said they are pleased by how the festival has grown into a world-renowned food and music event and that has given local artists and culinary chefs a stage to showcase their craft.
“Our partnership reflects DStv’s commitment to delivering world-class entertainment experiences to our customers and supporting the vibrant cultural scene in Africa. We invite everyone to join us as we raise our glasses and toast to a decade of Delicious at this extraordinary festival,” said Marc.
The headliners for this year’s show are yet to be announced, as well as the lineup of local artists. Last year’s show featured an exquisite performance by Nigerian superstar Burna Boy.