The Match will be the 6th edition of this event, but the first to be played in Africa. The spectacular arena on the Atlantic coast has a seating capacity of more than 50’000 people and will be the perfect venue to attempt to also set a new world record for the most spectators to watch a tennis match. As a curtain raiser fans will be treated to a celebrity- pro doubles match.
Please view the FAQ section below for Ticket, Event and Other Important information regarding The Match in Africa 6 event.
- Ticket collections will commence on or about the 27th of January 2020.
- The location of our collection office will be communicated at a later stage.
- Ticket deliveries can be arranged but they are for the client’s account.
- Exact timings for the event have not been officially confirmed but this information will be included in the event pack.
- A map of the stadium and relevant hospitality areas will be released at a later stage.
- The packages include VIP parking in a pre-determined ratio. A map of the parking areas will be released at a later stage.
- Upon receipt of your tickets, you will also receive your hospitality accreditation as well as a hard copy of the event facilities map, parking map and programme of events.
- If you have booked the VIP Courtside or Front Row package, a map indicating where the hospitality marquee is located will be released at a later stage.
- For any special dietary requirements, please email email@example.com.
- If you are unsure about your package inclusions, please refer to the hospitality flyer.
- The packages include a full food and beverage offerin. Menu’s for the bar and catering will be released at a later stage.
- Upon all the event information being released, we encourage you to download our Beluga Hospitality app which is available from the Apple iStore or Google Play. The app will provide all the necessary information in one digital platform.
- A smart causal dress code is generally applied (no shorts or flipflops please).
- Changes to bookings are dealt with on an individual basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make any changes.
- Handicap seating is available, please contact email@example.com to find out more.
- If you have already booked and require additional tickets please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No meet and greet will be available on event day.
20-time Grand Slam Champion Roger Federer will play his first-ever match in Sub Saharan Africa in Cape Town.
The Match in Africa 6 will open with a Pro - Celebrity doubles match, at 19h30, entertainment and the main feature match starting at 20h30. Gates to the Stadium will open two hours before the start of the event (17h30) and close one hour after the completion of the feature match.
The Match in Africa 6 Program
17h30: Gates Open
19h30: Curtain Raiser Pro-Celebrity Doubles Match
20h00: Entertainment Piece
20h30: Start of the Match in Africa 6
Approx. 22h30 End of Show
The Match in Africa 6 will take place at Cape Town Stadium, Fritz Sonnenberg Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051
The Cape Town Stadium is an iconic stadium, set against the breathtaking backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean and Table Mountain. With its 50 000 seating capacity, it is an ideal venue for this historic match. The Cape Town Stadium has full facilities for a safe and enjoyable experience, including emergency medical assistance. Smoking in designated areas, disabled facilities throughout the stadium, and security and guest relations on hand throughout the match.
The Cape Town Stadium is easily accessible through various transport options. Centrally located within 3km of the city centre, the V&A Waterfront and the seaside suburb of Green Point – we encourage you to use public transport ortake a leisurely walk to the stadium to avoid unnecessary congestion. Parking at the Stadium is limited, tickets will be available through Computicket for a Park and Ride Facility.
In February the temperatures in Cape Town can reach a sizzling 29 degrees C (84 degrees F) as an average high temperature. The evenings in Cape Town are cooler and the average low temperature drops to 16 degrees C(61 degrees F). The average temperature for the month is 23 degrees C. The month of February has an average of 10 hours of sunshine daily. February experiences the least amount of precipitation of the year. Visitors can expect most days to be dry and cloudless.